Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Coach Speak!

College coaches can now comment publicly about their signees. He are a few quotes about the signings of our local stars with their programs. The first four quotes are from Hoopgurlz:


-Coach Greg Williams: Rice

"Jessica(Kuster) is very athletic and she runs extremely well She is a good passer and is smart player on the court who can also defend on the perimeter against smaller players and can play in the post."




-Coach Deb Patterson: Kansas St.

"We have added speed, strength and size to our program with this signing class. I like the versatility of skills that these players(Stephanie Whittman) bring to the floor as individuals. These are players who can run, score and make plays one-on-one, and who also bring a strong commitment to rebounding and defending the ball. I am very excited about the toughness and intensity they bring to the floor. I expect this entire class to make an immediate positive impact on the success of our program."



-Coach Bonnie Henrickson: Kansas

"CeCe(Harper) has an extremely high basketball IQ. She is a good shooter who can extend the defense with her range. At the same time she is effective off the dribble and has great court vision. She is the complete package."


-Coach Niya Butts: Arizona

"Kiante(Ageous) is going to be a player who adds toughness to our group. She doesn't care where she plays on the floor- she just wants to contribute in any way she can."






Taken from Stephen F. Austin website:
-Coach Lee Ann Riley-SFA

"We are thrilled to announce the signing of Cheyenne Berry," said Riley. "We have been watching her play since her sophomore year and just love the way she plays the game. The ultimate competitor, she will do whatever it takes to win. Cheyenne has the ability to hit the three or score off the dribble, but I think her best asset is her court vision and passing skills."

Quote from Cheyenne:

"When I took my visit, I fell in love with the atmosphere," said Berry. "After hangin with the team and seeing all that SFA had to offer, I knew I could see myself there for the next four years. Thanks to all the time, dedication and support from my parents and older brother (who invested) in my basketball career, I'll now get an opportunity of a lifetime. I feel fortunate enough to have had parents who attended every game since the seventh grade and a brother who pushed as hard as he did to make me into the player I have become."