- Wagner went undefeated in district for the fourth consecutive year and finshed 3rd in the final TABC rankings. This may be coach Tina Camachos' finest coaching performance. Camacho lost 4 college bound players from last years' team, including Divison 1 players, Len'Nique Brown(USC) and Michelle Rodriguez(UTA). In addition to Brown and Rodriguez, the T-birds lost spirited leadership/toughness in Ashlin Catlett and the high scoring ability of Chelsea Solis. Camacho also lost her long time and very instrumental assistant coach, Triva Corrales to Judson.
Camacho took her team to state with a relatively inexperienced back court. Only UTA bound star, Eboni Watkins, had solid varsity experience coming into this year. Twins, Aundrea Davis and Andriane Davis did a great job with closing the gap at the guard position this season. Freshmen players, Corinna Moncada and Ashley Ross both stepped up big at crucial times. They will team up with Kiarra Rivera to make Wagner one of the top teams in the city next season.
- TABC- Besides Wagner(#3), two area teams also finished in the Top 25 in the TABC final rankings. John Jay finished at #19 and Stevens coach, Anissa Hastings led her team the #22 spot in her first year.
- TABC All-State- The following players were named TABC All-State: Danielle Blagg(Smithson Valley/4A), Eboni Watkins(Wagner/5A) and Arielle Roberson(Wagner/5A), Erica Donovan(John Jay/5A- second year all-state selection)
- TABC All-Region- The following players were named TABC All-Region:
Carmen Maciel(Median valley/4A)
Chamaya Turner(NB Canyon/4A)
Danielle Blagg(Smithson Valley/4A)
Erica Donovan(John Jay/5A)
Kiara Taylor(John Jay/5A)
* What a honor for a family to have two all-region players in the same year. Congrats to the Calvert sisters.
Congrats to all the all-region and all-state players for this great accomplishment!!