Thursday, August 28, 2008

Steve Nash Tips

Santa Clara asst. coach Jason Lugwig has a great newsletter that recently published these tips from former NBA MVP Steve Nash.

* A player should always want his coach to be critical--it is an opportunity to learn or opportunity to overcome adversity.

* A point guard sets the table for everybody; he makes other players believe in themselves. If the point guard is not "fun" to be around and if he is not respected, he will have a difficult chance becoming a good point guard.

* Everyday work on all of the shots you will use in a game.

* No one is going to be in better shape than me.

* I don't want to dribble just to dribble...but I don't want to give up my dribble and give my defensive man an advantage.

* Know your teammates and where they want their shots.

* Early in my NBA career, I worked out after a game.