The following is from Coach Randy Brown site.
1. Motion is a "thinking" offense that requires players with basketball IQ.
2. Motion is a combination of every pass, screen, cut known to the game of basketball.
3. The Snowflake Theory--No two possessions are ever alike.
4. Can highlight your best player by screening for him continuously.
5. Offense reacts to the defense instead of moving in predetermined directions.
6. Motion is unpredictable making it very hard to guard. Hundreds of unique entries.
7. Is impossible to scout because of its flexibility and adaptability.
8. Screening, cutting, and ball movement are an unstoppable combination.
9. Multiple opportunities for getting the best shooters open.
10. Role definition is clear cut, letting players perfect their specific jobs within motion.