The following is from a popular message board. It is a response as to what is better, games or practice.
1. Skills training, with someone who knows what he/she is doing.
2. Pick-up ball, with and against boys/college women.
3. As unstructured as possible, with and against top players, in a club-basketball setting.
4. As structured as possible, in a school-basketball setting.
5. Physical training, with someone who knows the physiology of teenage girls and how to develop it.
6. Watch countless NBA, WNBA, and college men's/women's games, especially LIVE, and preferably with someone who knows what he/she is looking at.
7. Find out who can coach, at different facets of the game, and attend an occasional clinic.
8. ALWAYS play hard and have fun.
9. Shooting; dribbling; passing; REBOUNDING; man-to-man defense; off-the-ball defense; developing and sculpting an individual GAME; the Essence of Teamwork.
10. THE MENTALS OF IDENTIFYING OBJECTIVES, COMPETING, AND WINNING.