Monday, August 24, 2009

Sune Speaks!

Sune explains why Baylor was the school for her:



After seeking God and praying to make sure His Will for my life was top priority, lots of pondering, consulting with my family, coaches, former coaches, and close friends, getting on the internet and STUDYING everything and anything Baylor-related, and taking an amazing unofficial visit, I verbally committed to Baylor. I really felt in my heart and mind that Baylor University was a perfect fit for me, my family, and all the people who have backed me since the beginning. I believe it's important not only to do the research but to make sure that the school itself is a good fit because I won't just be playing ball there,
I'll be living there and going to school there and this decision will impact my life long after my basketball career has ended.

I would like to say thank-you (along with a big "bear" hug) to my mom, aau coaches: Coach Alba and Coach Jeff and their families and my school coaches: Coach Reid and Coach Ice and their family, not for teaching me about the game of basketball, but for teaching me about life and literally being parents to me. Also I want to thank my teammates, siblings, and my other (and former) coaches who have helped me to become a better athlete and person and with whom I share this success.

sune agbuke :)